Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ray Lunsford


Ray Lunsford (King Of The Electric Mandolin)
Sage Records E.P. 285
Hollywood, California
I Don't Love Nobody / Rustic Dance / Pickin' Around / Red Wing

Best known as the madolin player for Jimmie Skinner, Lunsford made several great records for Starday, Excellent, Sage, Allandale and many others I'm sure. Legend has it Lunsford and Skinner were next door neighbors for years before Skinner found out he was a musician, and asked him to play at a backyard barbecue. The rest is history. A true hometown hero for me.


PICKIN' AROUND

I DON'T LOVE NOBODY



2 comments:

  1. Ray Lunsford was a large part of Jimmie Skinner's early sound. I don't know of another country singer that was using electric mandolin as their main lead instrument at that time (or even since). Would love to hear more Jimmie Skinner and Ray Lunsford. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Scott. I found you via HillbillyCountry. I look forward to treasure hunting here.

    All the best...

    ReplyDelete