Thursday, July 22, 2010

James Tussey


James Tussey
Laurel Leaf no #
RITE pressing 24171/24172
London, Kentucky 1968
Curtains In The Window / I Had A Dream Of You

Another great country bop/rockabilly tune from 1968! The Laurel Leaf label imprint was owned and operated by Ray Hoskins, who recorded many fantastic primitive bluegrass tunes for his own label. This partcular release has proven to be very difficult to track, and possibly could be the only known copy in the hands of local collectors. Stay tuned for another great release on this label by Gary Wheeler & The Bushwackers...

I HAD A DREAM OF YOU

CURTAINS IN THE WINDOW

8 comments:

  1. Scott where are you? Looking forward to more sounds from the Ohio Valley...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a violet-blue Laurel Leaf single I gotta pull out now---never listened to it!! Hmmm...
    Scott, your erudition re: Rite and King, etc. regional custom pressings is probably unexcelled, and as my book on Cincy labels nears completion, I'm gonna have to give full props to you as the authority on the topic. Awesome, man. Keep up the good work.
    (You might remember me: we met and hung out a bit in '97 at your house).
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my grandfather James Tussey. We don't have this record but would love to have a copy of this if there is anyway possible to get it. By the way, he is still alive today and still singing at 87 years old! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow your granddaddy, too, lol

      Delete
    2. Wow your granddaddy, too, lol

      Delete
    3. Chris Newsome, were do I know that name, oh you are on the modern family,haha I've tried to call ya

      Delete
  4. Can you reup the MP3 licks? They're all dead

    ReplyDelete