Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sharlet Sexton & The Tennessee Valley Boys


Sharlet Sexton & The Tennessee Valley Boys
Breeze Records 401
Livingston, Tennessee 1968
My Old Heartaches Are In The Past / Since Baby Put Me Down

Here is one of the real true treasures of the Ohio Valley! Miss Sharlet Sexton & the Tennessee Valley Boys were buried in obscurity for almost 42 years until recently being compiled on CD by Collector Records head honcho, Cees Klopp. The "Nuclear Wildman" hipped me to this record nearly four years ago when I traded for my first copy, and I have never been the same since. This record has been a staple on my turntable at least twice a week since bringing it home from rural Indiana. Miss Sexton recorded this number when she was sixteen years old with the help of Herman Hatfield (deceased), her Uncle Johnnie Flatford (mandolin; deceased), cousin Jimmy Flatford (upright bass), and Bud Wall (lead guitar). They traveled and performed in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Virginia until 1972 when she decided to get married and walk away from the trials and tribulations of being a country music troubadour. She and the boys left behind (to the best of my knowledge) five 45's, and one incredibly obscure LP.
Currently Miss Sexton resides in Anderson, Indiana, works as a police/fire dispatcher and has been working on some home recordings on her computer.






Since Baby Put Me Down

Satisfied

Will The Circle Be Unbroken

16 comments:

  1. Any of these records still available? flatforddj@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse me Herman was my uncle I like to get some copies of those records I would pay anything to get them please give me a call 423-231-8381 I'm trying to put something together

      Delete
  2. Would you be interested in the other 4 45's and the LP? I have some of all of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes I sure would. Please send me an email at the above address. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I should be interested by a copy of the LP. Please send me your email.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Id be interested in any copies of the single Since baby put me down or the lp (if it includes this track?) Many thanks Dallas UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please call me my name is Darrell Hatfield Herman is my uncle Sherman is my dad hermana brother

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello this is Darrell Hatfield Herman Hatfield with my uncle and I would appreciate if anybody had any is records or Charlotte Sexton to give me a call at 423-231-8381 I would give anything to have a copy of them thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello this is Darrell Hatfield Herman Hatfield was my uncle I'd appreciate anybody to text me at 423-231-8381 I would love to purchase some of his records

    ReplyDelete
  9. My phone number is 3364521736 call me if you got Herman hatfields records please

    ReplyDelete

  10. My name is Darrell hatfield call 3364521736 thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please call me at 336-452-4665 Sherman Hatfield is my uncle and I'm trying to get information on him and his band and Charlotte sexton in the Tennessee Valley Boys & any recording that you might have I will pay good money for them

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is Darrell Hatfield please call me at 336-452-4665 I meant to say Herman Hatfield is my uncle and Aunt Sherman Hatfield is my father please give me any information on recording the record for sale my uncle

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have "One More Broken Heart" on BREEZE. Fantastic. I'd love to get that LP.

    ReplyDelete